Sunday 9 September 2012

Day 1 as a 30 year old. Need to act my shoe size* rather than my age.

(*size uk 7 by the way)

I spent most of yesterday hanging out with family, visiting Bluewater to buy a few books. Gamestation to buy Pandora's Tower on the Wii, having a meal at a gorgeous restaurant called Bartellas in Meopham (www.bartellas.com - if you're interested in going there, they also do a gluten free menu)  and then chilling out and having a relatively early night with my Husbeast.

Today we went down to Rochester and took photos around Rochester Castle and the Cathedral precincts,
Rochester Castle

In the Cathefral Precincts

walked through to Chatham and mall-ratted around the shops. I am keeping with my aim of doing more walking even though KFC beckoned for lunch. Got home and started on Pandora's Tower. I am not usually a console player so it's taking some time for me to get used to the controls although the anime graphics and playable imagery is impressive for most of the Wii games  I've seen so far. I got the special edition as well with the tin, art book and guide. It keeps me occupied whilst I lust after Guild Wars 2 as I neither have the cash for it, nor the PC adequate for it. Tonight we are watching tv, fussing over the furkids (they heard the rattle of a packet when dinner arrived and are extra inquisitive now) and I'm struggling with what else to write.





Maybe I need to write a bit more about me,

I am a self confessed nerd, mostly into horror, sci-fi and fantasy books. I play D and D weekly with friends, we play a system created by our D.M (which I won't describe in too much detail because he's looking to publish it one day) and collect tabletop RPG game books, share my Husbeast's sword collection and have a varied musical taste ranging from heavy metal, punk, gothic music and more mainstream stuff. I can talk gothic fiction themes til the cows come home and have regular manic creative blasts of energy which I'm currently focusing into my jewellery making and trying to set up my own business and maintaining my website,


I also write and have three novels on the go and a planned piece for NaNoWriMo for the first time ever although I've been plagued with writers block for a while which is slowly lifting. My other hobbies are cultivating chillis, rat wrangling (we have three very affectionate furkids) and needlework crafts (crochet, knitting and loom knitting.)

I am currently unemployed, and trying to find a day job for the time being to pay the boring things in life like rent and bills and finding alternatives to help me overcome anxiety and depression at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment