Wednesday 12 September 2012

Today didn't start all that well...

I overslept for the first time in a long while. I was supposed to be at my training course at 11am but only surfaced around 11.30am. I had to rush about, remember to eat soemthing and finally got my ass down there by 1pm still in a half dopey state. At least today became productive. I did my ECDL word-processing module exam and scored 94% and then 99% on my assignments and then started on my Excel module.

 I've spent part of this evening doing the plod of searching for a day job and cooking something epic for dinner. Husbeast is a roast potato fiend, there are no such things as leftovers when I cook them. I am cooking them with some chicken wrapped in bacon and embracing domesticity by getting more washing done whilst listening to Smodcast in the background www.smodcast.com I've currently got the latest "Fatman on Batman" podcast on at the moment and I'm going to get into the routine of doing some writing later. I am aiming to do at least 500 words a night where possible and do more if I can.

Aside from domesticity I have been doing a little thinking.There's a cliched saying about turning into one's mother and I am halfway between embracing this inevitability and sometimes I feel like it's tempered with the fact I have equal influence with my father's odd little quirks as well. He has this habit of picking up odd things off the pavement if it looks shiny or interesting. I've capitalised on this myself - have found money this way before including a very shiny pound coin earlier today. I should be concerned that I have to work on using fewer one word sentences and having the odd "brainfart" with word finding like he does occasionally. Dad is the king of malapropisms - Titanum becomes "tittitanium", a latte used to be a "latex" and when I used to slope upstairs to ignore the world as a teenager I was always called "anti-unsociable" From Mum I suppose I'm truly embracing my inner child though not to her extent. Mum is admittedly on her umpteenth childhood especially as she's been working with children for nearly twenty years.

 I suppose it's all a learning curve, I need to take things less seriously and become not necessarily more childish, but still have a sense of childish wonder and fun in situations, make myself understood and take notice of my surroundings because the small details can lead to something lucrative or interesting coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment